Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Samapan-Conclusion

Samapan: Conclusion

Did you call for me My Kanu?
Here I come
I have been waiting for your call
This is whyI did not absolve myself
For I knew
Someday you would call my name
In longing
And here I come!

I have been waiting all this while;
At the crossroads of Life-
So that this time,
When you leave,
I come with you!

Oh my beloved!
Why did you hesitate
To take me along?
Without me, how could you write history?
Without your Radha beside you,
Your words remain hollow,
meaningless,Bloodthirsty sounds!

Oh my Dearest!
You need me,Here I come-
None can accuse me-
Of having abandoned you,
at your time of need for me.
Let the whole world know that Radha;
was not merely a note in your Song-
Radha was The Melody, The Music;
I have come to you my Dearest!
You who weaved fiery blossoms into my tresses!
Tarry not anymore;
To weave meaning into History!

Finally you have called for me-
I have been waiting so long,
Firm and steady at the crossroads-
You have called my name;
Here I come to you,My lord!


{Radha was The One Woman who had claimed Krishna as a whole-Destiny separated them, Time could not dull the pain, the agony, the ache of separation-Their love for each other would remain the same-They would never meet, but they belonged to each other-their love transcended Time, Space-the anguished yearning for Radha, for the touch of her hand on his fevered brow-the utter sense of hopelessness-and yet they were One!( Kamala Subramanian- The Mahabharatha)}

12 comments:

Ardra said...

harshit, aap ko yahaan dekhkar mogambo -oops ardra khush hui...

Vivek Sharma said...

Beautiful Ardra!

I hope my friend brings back a copy of the Hindi originals. I will be directing a lot of people to these pages.

Thanks for translating these!

Vivek

renu ahuja said...

Ardra, ham to sochtey hai kee :-

"radhaa aur krishn,
man aur chintan ki tarah,
ek doojey ko arpit neh
maduban me gunjan ke tarah"

... aapney sunder translation kee hai, Ardra..Keep writing..regards- Mrs.Renu http://www.kavyagagan.blogspot.com

Himanshu said...

Hi Ardra,

Thanks for the visit to my page. Believe me this was the first time in my 3 years of blogging that i was tagged. :) However you are really running out of time when you have a 12-13 hours job in hand. :(

You can expect a post latest by the weekend i hope. :)

I am bookmarking your blog as i cant afford reading it right now. :)

Once again thanks.

Cheers,
Himanshu.

Braveheart said...

The genius that Bhartiji was, entered the mind of the classic heroine of Indian mythology and literature. He wrote what, I think, is a study of feminine innocence taking turns on the bed, in a conversation of restlessness but endlessly profundity.

All it needed was a woman's transcreation - a song in response to Krishna's flute sung by a female throat.

I thank you with all my heart for bringing to the fore such a remarkable work of one of the greatest writers of this country. That we need an English Trnaslation, though, is the only unfortunate part of the story. Yet...

-- Akshaya

Chet said...

Ardra, I have tried to get into Twilight Musings and all I get is a blank page. I don't know if it is my computer or not. every other web page works.

AMIT said...

Very nice written.Loved it.

Lingerie Alley

Shankari said...

After so long, I am back here and enjoying it. Thanks again, Ardra.

Bijoy said...

Dear blogger,

We are a group of students from cochin who are currently building a web portal on kerala. in which we wish to include a kerala blog roll with links to blogs maintained by malayali's or blogs on kerala.

you could find our site here: http://enchantingkerala.org

the site is currently being constructed and will be finished by 1st of Oct 2009.

we wish to include your blog located here

http://kanupriyaa.blogspot.com/

we'll also have a feed fetcher which updates the recently updated blogs from among the listed blogs thus generating traffic to your recently posted entries.

If you are interested in listing your site in our blog roll; kindly include a link to our site in your blog in the prescribed format and send us a reply to enchantingkerala.org@gmail.com and we'll add your blog immediately. Ypu can add to our blog if you have more blog pls sent us the link of other blog we will add here

pls use the following format to link to us

KeralaTravel

Write Back To me Over here bijoy20313@gmail.com

hoping to hear from you soon.

warm regards

Biby Cletus

slavko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
slavko said...

A very sincere Thank You for allowing people like me, who do not understand Hindi, to appreciate such deeply touching and beautiful prose. I can only imagine the effect on me if I was able to read Dr. Bharthi's original in his native language. You did a beautiful job in revealing to the world Radha's true beauty and her deep devotion.

Slavko

RAMA RAMANAN said...

Lovely, lovely! Ardra! Keep getting drenched in the beauty of poetry and help other people experience the same thrill!

Lots of love,
Ramadevi