Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Srushti Sankalp-2

Aadim Bhay- Primordial Fear

If this entire creation
Is nothing but Me
And I am born just for You-

The lofty mountains,
The deep Oceans,
The shimmering Moonlight,
The clouds and the winds,
The west flowing streams,
The twilight of dusk,
All these are but me-
If the dark night is but my depths;
And the day, my laughter,
The flowers, my touch,
The greenery, my embrace-
Then my Dearest
Why is it that Now and then,
I am still afraid?

Often I stand upon
The lonely banks of the Milkyway
And I gaze at the numerous
Suns burning bright
I watch as they turn into
Miserable, crawling glowworms
That have lost their wings
Lost in the caves of mist;
And I return Cringing in fear.


Why so My Lord?
Is not the Milkyway
The parting in my tresses?
Then why does its mystery
Frighten me so?

And often when I stand gazing
At the vastness of The Lunar expanse
And I see the countless meteors,
Come crashing down in all directions
Into the deep valleys
I see the flaming hailstones scattering-
Crumbling the diamond hard rocks,
Into smithereens-
As if they were just withering flowers!


Why is it that I get so scared
And I withdraw my steps,
Is not the Moon
The spot on my forehead?

And if all the Enigma of Nature
Are nothing but me
And if I am your desire,
Your decision,
If the entire Creation
Is besides me,
just You And only You
Then whom am I afraid of?

And if the Moon is
But My hand print
And it waxes and wanes
Upon my whims-
And the Milky way,
Is but my flowing tresses,
And the entire Cosmos-
Changes its direction of motion
With just a cue from me,
Then who is it that I am afraid of?

From where is it that
This fear that haunts my soul
Settles on like heavy mist
Spreading its menacing hood
Upon my weary body?

Who is it that
Has cast this net of Terror
In which I am caught helpless?
And I struggle to break free
Like a trapped mermaid-
There is wet sticky algae
Caught in my hair-
The gems of virtue
Have fallen from my grasp-
And I am terrified!

Hear me, My Lord!
If this Cosmos is just me,
If I am but your shadow,
Then What do I fear?
Why do I fear?
Pray, tell me my Lord!



1 comment:

mini sethu said...

Yes My Lord..what do i fear??
every woman's heart asking the same question..