Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Kanupriya- Srushtisankalp-1

Srujan Sangini-Eternal Consort

Tell me My beloved,
The Sun, The Moon,
In their tireless, endless journeys-
The roaring Ocean,The whirling Winds,
The leaves blowing in the breeze,
The flowers blossoming in the Sun,
The river shimmering in Moonlight,
All these, are they bound
To your Whims and Fancies?

The Fertility of the Earth,
The green of the leaves,
The ripening of the fruits,
The fragrance of the Flowers,
Tell me, All these cater to your whims?

If yes, then tell me My Lord,
What is the Meaning, The Reason
Behind Your Desire, your Decision?
Who is it that you seek?
On whose trail have you set
The Sun and The Moon?
Whose name is that you call
In the resounding octaves of the Storm?
For whom are you reaching out
Along the endless arms of the Ocean
Whose soul is it that you seek
In the budding blossoms
Who is it that you have held captive
Within your arms, in your heart, your voice?
It is Me, My Darling!
It is Me that you are waiting for!
It is Me that you seek!

And this Entire Creation dissolves
After moments of Spent Passion
When I lie in your armsLight as foam
I am just a Void
Void Within- Void Without
And you, in the throes of
My passion,
My Love for you
Are helpless,
You seek me again and again
In the Darkness of the Night
You wake me up-
To fulfil our Unsatiable Love
And I succumbTo Your Wish, Your Desire-

And in the silence of the Night
Quivering Bodies meet
Feverish caresses
Crushing Arms
Suppressed sighs
Fragrant BreathsAnd Finally-
Mute EcstasyPleasurable Fatigue;
Creation Awaits-


As I lie light as void
spent, unmoving-
again you awake me
and again we are carried along
The waves of our Passion,Our Desire,
Our Love is but a repeating cycle
Of Unsatiated Love,
Of Unbridled passion,
Oh My Lord!Creation is
but your Passion
Your Passion is your Love
And your Love is
your Desire
And Your Desire is-
Me, Only Me!

1 comment:

Vivek Sharma said...

Ardra ji, I always wanted to read dharamveer bharati: can you tell me how I can procure a copy of his poetry as well as prose?

Absolutely well written, (I am judging from the translation:), you have done a wonderful job)!

I will return and read the other poems.